This temple was founded in 1063 by Minamoto Yoriyoshi as a branch of Iwashimizu Hachimangu in Kyoto. It was originally located in Tsurugaoka near the Yuigahama coast, but was moved to the present location in 1180 by Minamoto Yoritomo to make it the core of the planned city of Kamakura. After being destroyed by a fire in 1191, the temple was rebuilt with the present layout. The view from Hongu, the main building of the temple, of the Kamakura city along the Wakamiya Oji street is magnificent.
Address: 1-31 Yukinoshita 2-chome Kamakura
・How to get there
By Walk: 15 minutes from Kamakura station.